[Vorbis] streaming ogg vorbis to WMP

Manoj Bist manoj.bist1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:53:23 PDT 2007

Hi,

I was finally able to figure out what was going on. It looks like that
the direct show filters do  some lookup/reverse lookup of the domain
name in the url of the ogg stream.

My url looked like:

http://192.168.1.50/static_html/foo.ogg

I added an the following entry in the hosts file of my client windows
machine and the problem went away.

192.168.1.50             dummyhostname

The bug would not show up in the production environment where the url
would have a valid domain name. Nevertheless it would be nice if it
could be fixed. The mp3 plugin for WMP can handle this.

If there is way to file a formal bug report, please let me know.

Thanks,

Manoj.