[Vorbis] Re: Splitting a WAV file to aid gapless playback

Eddy L O Jansson eddy at klopper.net
Mon Mar 19 11:02:58 PDT 2007

On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:19:52 +0100, J.B. Nicholson-Owens
<jbn at forestfield.org> wrote:

> You could concatenate the Ogg Vorbis files (using the method described
> elsewhere in this thread), decode the big Ogg Vorbis file to a WAV file,
> then use wavbreaker (http://huli.org/wavbreaker/) to break apart the WAV
> file on boundaries that will replay seamlessly when burned to audio CDs.

  I don't understand why you'd even bother splitting the file, why not just
place the CD track indeces where you want them in your burning software?
Nero features an in-built track editor to do just this
(Properties->Indexes, Limits, Split). I assume free software packages have
similar functionality (even if worst case it might mean having to write a
cue-file).

  Here I've added a vorbis file to the disc, and then inserted an index at
1:32,42
  http://klopper.net/~eddy/images/nero_track_indexing.png

  I've never burned a CD doing this, so I just assume it'll work. Requires
Disc-at-once (DAO) burning I guess.