[Vorbis] 2nd attempt - Repairing vorbis files

Gan Uesli Starling alias at starling.us
Sat Mar 17 19:58:37 PDT 2007

Ian Malone wrote:
> <memo to self: email to /list/>
> On 17/03/07, Gan Uesli Starling <alias at starling.us> wrote:

[...]

>> FYI about that...
>>
>> Know that I have never encountered a single problem from inserting ID3
>> tags into Ogg Vorbis files. I have done this confidently for about three
>> years.

[...]

> Are you 100% sure that you are adding ID3 tags?  Easytag has a Vorbis
> mode, which I assume adds real vorbis comments.  From experience with
> iAudio products I'm pretty sure the IAudio5 can read Vorbis comments,
> and I know XMMS and Winamp can.  From your description it really
> sounds like you're using Vorbis comments.

Not absolutely sure they are ID3 tags. Now that I try to investigate
this, I find that EasyTag 1.1 for NetBSD has one tiny bug. It crashes
when I try to view the Preferences via a button at the top. I'm not
sure how to qualify which mode it is in.

They are Vorbis files when I open them into EasyTag. So it may very well
be just as you surmise and I have erred.

I must now reply "Oh!...never mind", as did Gilda Radner on SNL when
Dianne Curtain interrupted her outspoken diatribe on the silliness
of becoming upset about "endangered feces".