[Vorbis] A Macromedia Shockwave Flash-based Ogg player?

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 00:09:20 PST 2007

Andrew Lentvorski wrote:

> New Firefox users get a nice Ogg codec.  Old users get your "Ogg decoder
> in script" version (which takes quite a lot of CPU).
>
> I don't see a conflict here.  Besides, what make you think that Adobe
> wouldn't grab a fully written Ogg codec and pull it backward into their
> own VM?  It gives them lots of leverage in their royalty negotiations
> with other codec providers.

There is a fully written Ogg codec, I don't quite see how the bits
that Adobe has donated to Mozilla make it any easier to integrate
one (the ActionScript libraries don't seem to be included in this).
It seems what you'd be writing would be an XPCOM component (i.e.
a FireFox plugin, and not much to do with Flash).

--
imalone