[Vorbis] Filling holes in a FLAC file from an old Vorbis file

Andrew Greenburg agreenbu at nyx.net
Sat Jan 13 13:04:53 PST 2007

J.B. Nicholson-Owens <jbn at forestfield.org> wrote:
:
: What I'd love to hear is that some setting on cdparanoia will make it
: spend an inordinate amount of time re-reading damaged areas of audio CDs
: to produce the best rip possible (meaning no other ripper program can do a
: better job).  I don't care about how long it takes to rip anything, I just
: want the best quality possible.

The -z flag will cause it to retry perpetually, but if you have a sector
that is truly unreadable, this will cause it to go for days and never
finish. There's also an option to tell it the maximum number of retries to
do, but I don't know it off hand.

--
 agreenbu @ nyx . net                             andrew michael greenburg