[Vorbis] A Macromedia Shockwave Flash-based Ogg player?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Tue Jan 2 10:12:11 PST 2007

As Ivo said, we don't have anything for you. :(

> What I need is an Ogg Vorbis player written in Macromedia Shockwave Flash, much like the MP3 players built in to myspace.com, or the video players built into Google Video or YouTube, etc.

Those audio and video players use the codecs built into flash,
they're not written in it. Macromedia and now Adobe have chosen to
license and support those formats directly.

I've heard the interpreter in flash 10 is fast enough actually write a
vorbis decoder in ActionScript. In addition to lobbying Adobe, that's
your best option. Some people were discussion trying an actionscript
port, but I don't have a project link for you.

 -r