[Vorbis] icecast

Oscar Sundbom oscar.sundbom at swipnet.se
Sun Apr 29 11:35:30 PDT 2007

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves skrev:
> On 4/29/07, Geoff Shang <geoff at hitsandpieces.net> wrote:
>> My suggestion is to get them to click on a .M3U or .PLS playlist
>> pointing to
>> the file you want them to hear, and it should just work.
>
> OK, I have to step in now.  Would you people please stop recommending
> the use of M3U and (good lord) PLS?  Xiph has brought the world a much
> more advanced playlist format called XSPF.  I think it's time people
> start acknowledging that.

I hope you're joking here. The issue at hand isn't how to get the most
fancy playlist,
it is to get a player launched that will stream a single file from a
server. I haven't looked
into the subject, buy my money is on .m3u for getting a playlist across
that most software
will recognize. It's been around for ages!

Regards,
Oscar