[Vorbis] Vorbis on a TI C6713

xiphmont at xiph.org xiphmont at xiph.org
Tue Apr 17 14:11:07 PDT 2007

On 4/16/07, Matt Hutchinson <mhutch at rice.edu> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> What are the steps to get Vorbis running on a TI C6713? I know I should use
> the floating point code, but am unsure what files I should compile in Code
> Composer Studio. Specificially, I am using the TMS320C6713 to receive Vorbis
> through a manufactured UART Daughter Card and output raw audio through its
> audio jack.

Actually, if you're looking to put work into a polished result, I'd
recommend starting with the fixed-point Tremor codebase (possibly the
lowmem and/or nobyte branches) and move the fixed-point aspects of the
code back to floating point.  In general, Tremor is a more concise
codebase than the reference even if it is mostly intended as a
starting point for embedded ports (as opposed to a collection of
finished results).

Monty