[Vorbis] "Live-CD" with Firefox + XiphQT?

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Sat Sep 16 18:26:13 PDT 2006

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 at 09:23:59PM +0200, Michael Lampard wrote:

> This "start-*-Firefox" script start-up Firefox and a HTML file with embedded OGG Vorbis files both of which will also reside on the CD-ROM. Because VideoLAN does not yet come with a Firefox-plugin that supports intel Macs, my choice became XiphQT.

The problem with this is that while vlc is a stand-alone browser plugin,
XiphQT uses the system quicktime. There's probably some nasty way to
hack this, but really, for this to work you'd need to *install* XiphQT
on the system's hard disk and then use an embedded QuickTime player
inside your html. But that's not quite a live cd.

What you *can* do is the use the cortado java player, served alongside
the html from the cd.

HTH,
 -r