[Vorbis] Java/MIDP Vorbis player ?

Pandu E Poluan pepoluan at gmx.net
Wed Sep 6 14:33:58 PDT 2006

What if you deliver WAV data in chunks?

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo wrote:
  I've actually managed to modify my J-Ogg library to be MIDP2.0-compliant and make the player run on the J2ME emulator from Sun's SDK. A problem with "real" cell phones is, that the Java multimedia API is very restricted and most phones are not even able to play 44,1kHz PCM-encoded WAV files through Java. E.g. the Siemens phones are almost all restricted to 22,05kHz ADPCM-encoded mono WAV files. Another problem, at least with the Siemens phones, is that they don't support streaming playback of WAV files, so wrapping the J-Ogg decoder in an Outputstream, which delivers WAV data, causes the phone to decode the entire Vorbis stream before trying to play the result. I made this work with very small Vorbis files on a Siemens CX75, but there don't seem to be any possible ways to play "regular" 44,1kHz stereo Vorbis files.

  Tor

  Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves schrieb:

    Considering how both Ogg and Java are CPU intensive, I doubt there is one. At least, a stable one.