[Vorbis] Buggy metadata insert code ?

David Baelde david.baelde at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 17:17:17 PST 2006

Hi,

Further notes & experiments regarding this problem: I still don't
understand what's going on, and didn't fix anything, but who knows ?
These notes could mean something to somebody...

I recently noticed that an instance of liquidsoap relaying an http
stream emitted via icecast by another instance reported Hole_in_data
errors at the end of tracks. Another remark which might be related is
that some people reported that players like VLC stop after the end of
tracks on streams produced by liquidsoap. Ogg123 doesn't do that, so I
didn't care much about these complains. But because of all these
remarks together, I'm starting to worry about the well-formedness of
my streams. Unfortunately I didn't manage to see what could be wrong
in our encoder_reset code :(

I finally tried to relay a stream emitted by ices (playing a list of
ogg/vorbis files). I was surprised to see the same errors:
hole_in_data. Is it normal to get this error at the end of tracks in
the stream ? If not, anybody knows why ices does it, and how this
could be fixed in general ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
--
David