[Vorbis] On the fly transcoding from FLAC to a Vorbis stream

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Wed Nov 22 09:43:35 PST 2006

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 03:16:23AM -0800, Andrew Lentvorski wrote:

> Basically, I'm looking for something that is almost like a DJ
> application that lets you pull in the FLAC files, do whatever DSP
> algorithms you need, and then code them into Vorbis and shove them out a
> stream.

You can use the command line oggenc program to encode from FLAC to Ogg
Vorbis, and then something like oggfwd to send the stream to an icecast
server. You can then connect to the icecast server as normal.

  http://v2v.cc/~j/ffmpeg2theora/oggfwd/

You could also use any of the media players with an icecast source
plugin to do this. Play your flacs on the players, and the source plugin
will encode to vorbis and push to the server just like oggfwd.

Hope that helps,
 -r