[Vorbis] On the fly transcoding from FLAC to a Vorbis stream

Andrew Lentvorski bsder at allcaps.org
Wed Nov 22 03:16:23 PST 2006

I'd like to store all of my music in FLAC form; however, I would also
like to stream the library as Vorbis.

Is there a tool to do on the fly stream encoding to Vorbis from FLAC?

Basically, I'm looking for something that is almost like a DJ
application that lets you pull in the FLAC files, do whatever DSP
algorithms you need, and then code them into Vorbis and shove them out a
stream.

Does this exist?  Or, is there a chain of tools to do this?

Thanks,
-a