[Vorbis] What the difference between oggenc &

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Thu Nov 16 03:19:07 PST 2006

On 11/16/06, Ulrich Windl <ulrich.windl at rz.uni-regensburg.de> wrote:
> I wonder whether such a "performance envelope" could become a command line option
> some day?
>
> It seems hardly worth to have separate binaries.

aoTuV implemented some of the GT tunnings, as far as I know.  And it's
supposed to be merged sooner or later with the official Vorbis
library/encoder.

Regardless, though, both versions (aoTuV and official) have an advanced command:

--advanced-encode-option impulse_noisetune=x

where x is equal to a number between 0 and -15.  The lower you go, the
more bitrate is allocated.  It's known to make history of pre-echo
issues.

Best wishes,
Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves