[Vorbis] splitting vorbis files

Aaron Colwell acolwell at real.com
Mon Mar 27 09:54:58 PST 2006

I have no idea what stations you are trying to record, but if they are like
the Virgin Radio streams you can just look for chain boundries in the stream.
They change the Title,Author, Copyright info for each song, which forces them
to emit the header,comment, and codebook packets before each song change. I'm
pretty sure these headers are emitted for commercials as well. It should be
relatively trivial to split these sorts of streams apart. If the station you
are interested in does commercial and music switching before the encoder and
doesn't update the TAC info then you'll probably have to resort to some sort
of DSP solution.

Aaron