[Vorbis] FOSS, Science, and Public activism

proclus at gnu-darwin.org proclus at gnu-darwin.org
Mon Jul 3 17:34:22 PDT 2006

On  4 Jul, Pandu E Poluan wrote:
> No, sir. I believe you can read, and the name of this mailing list is
> "Vorbis", and thus all members of this mailing list (perhaps, excluding you,
> who are probably braindead enough to not be able to deduce the mailing
> list's mission) are interested in this wonderful cure for cancer, AIDS, and
> global poverty called "Vorbis".
>
> Should you have an alternative way for curing cancer, AIDS, or global
> poverty that does not go with the name "Vorbis", then sadly, we are not
> interested.

You are choosing certain topics from the message which are less germane
to the mission of the project, while most of the message is applicable.
The biomed stuff is an excellent example of how the values which gave
rise to FOSS are gaining greater sway in other arenas, and I am arguing
that we should now pull together to make that happen more.

Regards,
proclus
http://www.gnu-darwin.org/

--