[Vorbis] Virus Infection

Vinoth Kumar vinoth at vinjey.com
Fri Jan 20 07:25:34 PST 2006

Hi All,

    First hand, aplogies for any problems with the email you have received from this id. Thanks Ivo Ganavles, without your email i wouldn't even have noticed that this has happened. Ralph Giles guess was correct. My Win2k pc got infected by a virus name w32.blackmal.e at mm worn/virus. More details on the same is available from symantec website. It even deleted the Norton Antivirus files that had been installed on my pc.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blackmal.e@mm.html

    As part of infection it has sent email (obviously without my knowledge) as noted in point number 13 in the symantec website. Again apologies for any problems that it might have created. Ivo Ganavles, i don't have your id in my address book, so i believe it has sent the same to the vorbis at xiph.org id.

    For the purpose of record, VOV is not encoder but decoder implementation that is optimized for DSPs.

Regards,
Vinoth