[Vorbis] Where are the Portable Devices at vorbis.com ?

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 04:01:10 PST 2006

On 2/20/06, Gervase Markham <gerv at gerv.net> wrote:
> Ian Malone wrote:
> > How can it be improved?
>
> Fair question :-)
>
> Make it a table - or rather, four tables, for each combination of
> flash/hard disk and current/historical, with historical data below
> current. Split it up by model, not just by manufacturer - one
> manufacturer can have many different models with widely differing
> feature sets. Provide a link to the manufacturer's product page for each
> model, and either a table-based or a freeform list of commonly-sought
> features (microphone, radio, capacity, other formats). Provide details
> of which countries a player can be purchased in and, if it's not
> commonly available, details of how to find it in major markets (US, Europe).
>
> I want to be able to come to the page (as I tried to recently) and say
> "I need a flash-based player with a built-in USB connector and a mic,
> available in Europe", and find which models I should be googling for
> without difficulty.

What do people think of
<http://wiki.xiph.org/index.php/Talk:PortablePlayers#Layout_of_the_PortablePlayers_list>?

I started playing with some power icons too, but I'm awful at graphic design.
The line-in/mic/radio feature-set could also be iconic.

I think John Morton's suggestion of seperate region availability listings is
a good compromise, we'll just have to accept that some will be better
maintained than others.

--
imalone