[Vorbis] Test Vectors Needed to Test Ogg Vorbis Encoder

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Tue Feb 21 02:24:08 PST 2006

On 2/20/06, Maulik Desai <maulik.desai at einfochips.com> wrote:

> Hello to All Members of this Group,
>
> Can I get the Test Vectors in .wav format  for different sampling rates in
> order to Test the Ogg Vorbis Encoder Code ?
>
> If possible Forward the Link where I can get effective testvectors to Test
> the Encoder.

Hi Maulik,

We don't actually have a formal set of test vectors. Sorry.

Also, an encoder is allowed to produce ANY valid vorbis file from an
input file - there's no single specific way it must encode a wav file,
so it's not obvious what such tests would be testing.

For informal testing, you can use any wav files you want - resampling
to other sample rates to test those rates is easy.

Mike