[Vorbis] Where are the Portable Devices at vorbis.com ?

Gervase Markham gerv at gerv.net
Sun Feb 19 14:12:19 PST 2006

Ian Malone wrote:
> "overwhelming in its completeness," surely that's the point?

I would disagree. When looking for a portable player, I went down that
list several times, and it took me a heck of a lot of research to answer
the question: "Which of these are available currently in the UK from a
known supplier, and have approximately the features I need?"

If a historian in 20 years wanted to find out exactly what portable
players were available somewhere in the world around 2004-2005, the page
would be great. But someone coming to it _now_ probably wants to _buy_ a
portable player. The current form of the page fails dismally to help
them to do that.

Gerv