[Vorbis] DRM and Ogg Vorbis ??

Andy andycool22 at peoplepc.com
Wed Feb 15 08:41:51 PST 2006

Definitely.  No matter what kind of DRM the song is protected with, you can usually A) burn to a CD, then rip the CD, or B) hook up your sound output to a sound input, and record it in analog.

Nothing made my church madder than when they bought a whole bunch of Christian songs on ITunes, then found out they couldn't play them in the powerpoint display we were doing at church.  You can eventually get it to work, but non-technical people don't know how, and for technical people, it can still take a while.

Plus, even though I may be paying less for a song or CD on ITunes than for what I would pay for a real copy at a real store, I'm also getting a lossy encoding of it, not a lossless one.  This isn't cool either.

Andy
andycool22 at gmail.com