[Vorbis] Vorbis with no malloc...

Kushal Verma kushalverma78 at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 21:01:56 PST 2006

Hi All,

I’m new to Vorbis and planning to port Fixed point
Vorbis decoder on Xtensa based embedded platform.
My limitations include limited program and data memory
and port of Vorbis not supposed to use dynamic memory
allocation.
Multiple instances of Vorbis can be invoked and all of
the resources allocated to each Vorbis instance should
be decided by upper layer.

My quarries are:

[1] What is the minimum memory requirement to port all
of the existing components of Vorbis decoder?
[2] I’m basically not getting how much memory is
required to unpack the setup header.
[3] Is there any compliance criteria and bitstreams
for compliance testing?

Thanks and Regards,
Kushal