[Vorbis] Fwd: vorbis-tools-1.1.1 build mechanism stubbornly refuses to build with FLAC, ogg123, speex

Sergei Steshenko sergstesh at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 8 16:01:10 PST 2006

--- Ian Malone <ibmalone at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sergei Steshenko wrote:
>
> > CPPFLAGS='-I/maxtor5/sergei/AppsFromScratchWD/install/curl-7.15.5/include
> <snip>
> > -I/maxtor5/sergei/AppsFromScratchWD/install/flac-1.1.2/include'; export CPPFLAGS; ./configure
>
> Shouldn that be CFLAGS?
>
> --
> imalone

This is what one can see when he/she runs

"
[118] 1:58 sergei at comp.home.net:/maxtor5/sergei/AppsFromScratchWD>
build/vorbis-tools-1.1.1/configure --help | tail -18

Some influential environment variables:
  CC          C compiler command
  CFLAGS      C compiler flags
  LDFLAGS     linker flags, e.g. -L<lib dir> if you have libraries in a
              nonstandard directory <lib dir>
  CPPFLAGS    C/C++ preprocessor flags, e.g. -I<include dir> if you have
              headers in a nonstandard directory <include dir>
  CPP         C preprocessor
  CXX         C++ compiler command
  CXXFLAGS    C++ compiler flags
  CXXCPP      C++ preprocessor
  F77         Fortran 77 compiler command
  FFLAGS      Fortran 77 compiler flags

Use these variables to override the choices made by `configure' or to help
it to find libraries and programs with nonstandard names/locations.

[119] 1:58 sergei at comp.home.net:/maxtor5/sergei/AppsFromScratchWD>
".

For all other targets CPPFLAGS works just fine.

I am using CPPFLAGS to specify include paths, not compiler flags. Since files are
included by C preprocessor I believe I've made the right choice.

--Sergei.

Applications From Scratch: http://appsfromscratch.berlios.de/