[Vorbis] Problem Compiling libvorbis-1.1.2 on FreeBSD 4.7

Alex Warofka awarofka at scifience.net
Sat Apr 29 11:48:15 PDT 2006

Hello,

I am running into a bit of difficulty compiling libvorbis-1.1.2 on a
FreeBSD 4.7 box.  I have compiled and successfully installed libogg, but
libvorbis refuses to compile, stating that ogg cannot be found.

checking for Ogg... no

*** Could not run Ogg test program, checking why...

*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the

*** exact error that occured. This usually means Ogg was incorrectly
installed

*** or that you have moved Ogg since it was installed. In the latter
case, you

*** may want to edit the ogg-config script:

configure: error: must have Ogg installed!

The relevant portion of config.log:

configure:19228: checking for ogg >= 1.0

configure:19323: checking for Ogg

configure:19358: gcc -o conftest -O20 -D__NO_MATH_INLINES -fsigned-char
-DUSE_\

MEMORY_H    conftest.c   -logg >&5

conftest.c:25: ogg/ogg.h: No such file or directory

configure:19361: $? = 1

configure: program exited with status 1

configure: failed program was:

<a bunch of stuff here, I can add it if it is needed>

Interestingly, the configure script for Icecast does detect libogg (but
obviously fails on libvorbis, since that will not install).

I have tried using both --with-ogg-prefix=/usr/local/ and
--with-ogg-prefix=/usr/local/lib, as suggested in a thread about
OpenBSD, but neither helped.

Thanks,

Alex Warofka