[Vorbis] metadata

Ian Malone ibm21 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Sep 28 08:14:03 PDT 2005

Ian Malone wrote:
(signs of madness)

> Metadata OTOH:
> I'll have to read the Ogg description.  My understanding is that
> is possible to drop in a raw (preferably utf-8) XML document as a
> single page of a separate stream to the Vorbis data (and check that
          ^^^^              ^
          packet            logical

> it doesn't break existing players).  The difficulty is not in putting
> the data in, but in structuring it (ie. as always, writing the code
> is the easy bit).

"The Ogg/Vorbis I specification currently dictates that Ogg/Vorbis
streams use Ogg transport streams in degenerate, unmultiplexed form
only."

Should I test and see what happens?  Assuming current players use
libogg, will they see separate logical streams?  I'd imagine even
if they don't have problems with that, a meta-header will break
things.

--
imalone