[Vorbis] Stream "Saving" and Excerpting...

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Sep 28 03:06:21 PDT 2005

> Now, I didn't write the code that does this (it's some python mess), but
> I'm rewriting the assembler part and starting from the source code for
> "vcut".  The problem with that is that "vcut" seems to use several API
> calls not documented in the API documentation...

It's not clear whether you require sample-precise editing or not.

If you don't need sample-accurate editing, starting with vcut is a bad
idea. It's a heap of extra complexity that you don't need.

If you do need it, starting with vcut is a bad idea. It's very buggy,
and doesn't implement everything it would need to. It's also very
messy code.

Mike