[Vorbis] metadata

Ian Malone ibm21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Sep 27 07:36:22 PDT 2005

I think I'm going to regret asking this, but is there
any more information on Ogg metadata other than what's
at <http://wiki.xiph.org/Metadata>?  Is there a more
appropriate list for discussing it?  I'm sending this
to the vorbis list because ogg-dev seems to see very
little traffic, and none of the others seems to be
very relevant (this happens to be the one I'm subscribed
to).

RDF + Dublin Core looks interesting (they seem to at
least have a schema; bonus over mixing a new one), is
anyone able to give me a brief description before I
plunge into the Dublin Core specs?

For the record, I'm an obsessive kitchen sink type who
would like to be able to drop in a packet near the
start of the stream containing all kinds of useless
information.  I recently made the mistake of buying
the Led Zeppelin BBC sessions and spent an evening
entering in presenters, broadcast and recording dates,
shows, and locations.  I haven't put in the song-
writing and sample credits yet, partially because of
the abuse of the comment headers that would be
required.

--
imalone