[Vorbis] Can't access www.xiph.org from Japan

Ian Malone ibm21 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Sep 25 12:09:14 PDT 2005

I can confirm the same if I reduce Firefox's language settings to French
[fr] only.  However, I'm not sure it's actually a bug:
1. If English [en] is in my browser's list of languages (but not
  necessarily 1st preference) I do get the front page.
2. The link on the 406 page will take you to the English xiph frontpage.

Effectively you're asking it for a page in Japanese and it's telling you
it doesn't have one.  You don't have English in as a fall-back option,
so you get an error (it can't find an acceptable language); it tells you
this and offers a link to where the content can be found, but not in
one of the languages you've specified.

imalone