[Vorbis] Oggenc/oggdec on Mac OS X

Joshua Root z3022016 at student.unsw.edu.au
Tue Nov 15 13:10:40 PST 2005

>Has anyone succeeded to build oggenc and oggdec on
>Mac OS X with static linking? I can build libogg
>and libvorbis and install them as dynamic libraries
>(by running ./configure, make and then make install).
>Then oggenc and oggdec will load them in runtime
>and use them. That works fine.
>
>But I'd like to build these two command line tools
>so they're linked with all the libraries they need.

I installed libogg and libvorbis through DarwinPorts, and I have both
static (.a) and dynamic (.dylib) versions of the libraries. So that
shows that it is quite possible to build the libs statically. You
should be able to link the static libs into your program directly.
You'll still need to be dynamically linked to the system stuff.

- Josh