[Vorbis] A faster ogginfo

Paul L Daniels pldaniels at pldaniels.com
Sun Mar 20 02:44:31 PST 2005

Mike,

> Programs like gqmpeg shouldn't be using ogginfo if what they're trying
> to do is extract tags. It's not meant to be used for that purpose.

	That's what I was thinking - when I look at my top list I see ogginfo being invoked a lot and on the server I see nfsd
being pounded.  Guess it's a bad case of using a tool for the wrong job.

> should be using libvorbisfile directly rather than executing an
> application to do it.

	Fortunately I've found that zinf (player) has a far more 'sane' system and retrieves the data near-instantly, so I've
somewhat negated my need to make this program now.

I sincerely appreciate your time in responding.

Paul.

--
PLDaniels Software - http://pldaniels.com
R/C Gear Shop - http://nqrc.com