[Vorbis] Ogg Vorbis QuickTime Component

Joshua Root z3022016 at student.unsw.edu.au
Tue Jun 7 20:40:59 PDT 2005

>On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 03:53, Jason Detwiler wrote:
>
>  > So my question for the vorbis list is: do any of you know who to
>>  contact about this Ogg Vorbis Quicktime Component? I would even be
>>  willing to get involved in it if I had any idea what to do.
>
>The quicktime component is a third party plugin which can be found here:
>
>http://sourceforge.net/projects/qtcomponents/
>
>Looks like it's been orphaned since late 2002. The best thing to do
>would be to grab the source code, try to build them against the latest
>quicktime SDK and figure out what's going wrong. Go fishing in the bug
>database and the forums for other interested users who might be able to
>help with testing. If you can get hold of the original developers, you
>might be able to continue using the sourceforge resources to make new
>release, otherwise you might need to fork the project.
>
>John

Links to the only relevant technical information anyone seems to have
discovered about the problem:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1144430&group_id=41359&atid=430388
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?thread_id=1277270&forum_id=135636

The rest of the bug reports and forum posts are basically just saying
"Yep it crashed for me too" and "here's another identical crash log."

HTH,
Josh