[Vorbis] linker error in debug

Paul Rivera paul_mrivera at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 21:25:43 PDT 2005

Hi!

I'm trying to make a debug build of my application
which uses the oggvorbis sdk.  The libraries that it
uses are:

ogg_static_d.lib
vorbis_static_d.lib
vorbisfile_static_d.lib

When I try to build it, I get these linker errors:
GameClient error LNK2005: _exit already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll)
GameClient error LNK2005: __exit already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll)
GameClient error LNK2005: __cexit already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll)
GameClient error LNK2005: __c_exit already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll)
GameClient error LNK2005: _malloc already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll)
GameClient error LNK2005: _calloc already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll)
GameClient error LNK2005: _realloc already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll)
GameClient error LNK2005: _free already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll)
GameClient error LNK2005: ___xc_z already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj)
GameClient error LNK2005: ___xc_a already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj)
GameClient error LNK2005: ___xi_z already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj)
GameClient error LNK2005: ___xi_a already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(cinitexe.obj)
GameClient error LNK2005: __errno already defined in
MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll)
GameClient error LNK2005: __XcptFilter already defined
in MSVCRTD.lib(MSVCR71D.dll)

I ran dumpbin on vorbis_static_d and found out that it
contains the following:

_exit
_malloc
_calloc
_realloc
_free

Is it because of these that the linker detects an
'already defined' error?

I can't find ___xc_z, ___XcptFilter and friends
anywhere in the libraries I'm using.

I'm using visual studio .net 2003 on windows xp home
and oggvorbis sdk 1.0.1. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks!