[Vorbis] storage format question.

Shashank Khanvilkar shashank at mia.ece.uic.edu
Wed Jul 27 10:34:20 PDT 2005

Hi,
Any help is greatly appreciated.
I was wondering about the following:
1. How are vorbis encoded files stored on disk? For example, in case of
mp3, the file consists of multiple frames (having some fixed header). As
a result even cutting some part of the mp3 file will still allow a user
to listen to the remaining part. Does vorbis have similar operation and
if yes, where can get information on the type of headers that are attached.

2. I think the ogg container format is used to stream vorbis encoded
media. Is ogg format even used to store vorbis files?

3. ANy specific links that will help me get the ogg container format?

Thanks
Shashank