[Vorbis] Indices and totals

John Morton jwm at angrymonkey.net.nz
Sun Jul 10 21:44:23 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 11:35, Mark Doll wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've read http://reactor-core.org/ogg-tagging.html and
> http://www.vorbis.com/ot/20030303.html#id2726753 about the goals and
> non-goals of vorbis comments, but I'm still unsure:

> (etc)

> I personally dislike 3) and have currently coded it with seperate new
> fields. But since I'm free to change the application in any way I want,
> some guidance on this topic would be really appreciated!

There's pretty much nothing stopping you from doing as you please. Need
a tag? Make it up. Mine are full of PRODUCER and NATION_OF_ORIGIN tags,
because I care about that stuff, and it's not exactly going to hurt
anyone else.

Of course, it does make sense to find out if anyone else out there has
the same needs that you do, so you can standardise on something and
implement software to take advantage of it.

John