[Vorbis] Vorbis Players for Windows

Paul Ellis public at ellisfoundation.com
Wed Jan 19 10:38:00 PST 2005

After looking at your site, I think you have a php problem.  It looks
like the download script you have going doesn't return the ogg files
with .ogg extensions.  Although it is correctly being reported as
audio/x-ogg.  Is there some reason you don't just put regular links to
your files?  If you want to track how many people download a file try a
logger like Phlogger (www.phpee.com).  I use it, it is great.  You can
see how I use it at my music site
http://www.ellisfoundation.com/freemusic .  The best way to allow people
to stream music files, IMHO, is to make playlist files (.pls or .m3u)
that reference the files you want to play.  This is how the stream links
are done on my site.  The download links use the download logger from
Phlogger.

I do think there is some problem with the first file on your site, it
was silent.  The rest worked once I added the .ogg extension.  I use
Winamp 5 although Winamp 2 works great as well for Vorbis.  I would say
they are the best players for Win32.  The Ogg Directshow Filters work
fine if you want to play Vorbis files in Windows Media Player (why?) too.

Paul