[Vorbis] Vorbis Players for Windows

Daniel Schregenberger npfdd at gmx.net
Wed Jan 19 09:29:46 PST 2005

Hi,

I've recently put a few of my tracks online (http://livenraw.npfdd.ch/
for those interested; it's a solo-rock-performance by me) and of course
I've used Vorbis for this.
Now I had several reports on the topic "How do I play these ogg-things
on Windows?". I've linked to http://www.vorbis.com/ but apparently this
is not easy enough.
One of my friends even told me he tried a couple of players from the
Software page but had no success. Not with media-player or Winamp2. And
he's definately more into computers than the average user.

No my question is: isn't there a simpler way to explain these people how
to get Vorbis running on their computer?
What page do you refer them to?

The important part here is "simple". The best would probably be a very
easy integration into MS media-player, but I've been reported trouble
with the DS-Filters and they seem pretty outdated to me too.

I think it's necessary to make it easy for beginners to play Vorbis
files, which is apparently not the case at the moment. Not for the
average windows user at least.

-- Daniel

--
Homepage: http://www.npfdd.ch/