[Vorbis] Recursively vcutting

Kelsang Norpel norpel at meditateinscotland.org
Sun Jan 2 06:01:11 PST 2005

Hi,

I've got alot of long 1-2hr files which I'd like to split up into 5-10 minute
chunks.  I think this should be possible using a small shell script and vcut,
but my scripting abilities are lacking.  Does anyone know of the existence of
a script which would do this, or know how I'd go about making one?

So say I had a 60 min file (60mins.ogg) I'd like to issue a command something
like

> split outfilename 60mins.ogg 600

which would do a series of vcuts

vcut outfile1.ogg tmpfile.ogg 60mins.ogg +600
vcut outfile2.ogg tmpfile2.ogg tmpfile.ogg +600
/bin/rm tmpfile.ogg
vcut outfile3.ogg tmpfile3.ogg tmpfile2.ogg +600
/bin/rm tmpfile2.ogg

until it's reached the end of the file

I'm not sure how to tell the script how long the file is, I'm sure it's
possible with an awk on the output from ogginfo.

anyway, any help with this would be much appreciated,

many thanks,
norpel