[Vorbis] Vorbis Encoder Spec and Detailed Doc

Ravi Lakkundi ravilakkundi at rediffmail.com
Mon Aug 29 02:45:56 PDT 2005

ok, atleast a basic working of the encoder is explained somewhere other the pdf specified ? as given by MPEG.

~R

On 29 Aug 2005 09:10:49 -0000, Ravi  Lakkundi
<ravilakkundi at rediffmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi All,
>
>  Can any one link me or send me a complete detailed spec of Vorbis encoder? I found the Vorbis_I_spec.pdf but it does not provide much information about encoding procedure.

There is no specification for a vorbis encoder; this is deliberate. A
vorbis encoder is permitted to do anything it wants, so long as it's
decodable by a vorbis decoder - this is why there's a full
specification for the decoder.

Mike