[Vorbis] Quality setting Hard Min/Max Bitrate limits in SVN oggenc

John Edwards john.edwards33 at ntlworld.com
Fri Apr 1 07:44:41 PST 2005

This is probably addressed to Michael Smith :)

I have been playing with the latest oggenc and full libs from the SVN
attempting to get the hard min/max limits to work with the quality
settings. The way it is currently set in encode.c does not appear to
work; ie., the result is the same with or without the hard limits set.

However, if I amend the code such that management is NOT turned off if
the hard limits are set then it appears to function as expected. It did
seem a little odd to me to turn the management on to set the hard limits
and then turn it off again. ;)

But then again, may be I'm doing something wrong. ;)

John