[Vorbis] Bitrate Peeling (no. really)

ben-extra at MIT.EDU ben-extra at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 30 16:46:18 PDT 2004

>Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:19:22 -0700
>From: Ralph Giles <giles at xiph.org>
>Cc: vorbis at xiph.org
>
>On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 02:20:04PM -0500, Christopher John Harrington wrote:
>
>> That works for me. How, then, do I notify Xpih that I want my money to
>> go to a specific place?
>
>Include a note with your check, or in the extra comment field in the
>paypal transfer. If you're doing a wire transfer or some other form of
>payment, just email the 'donate' address at xiph.org with your request.

Hi,

I too would be interested in contributing some money.  I would prefer to
see the below information from xiph.com before contributing.  I think
most of it has been answered in this recent back and forth, but I would
like it officially, in one place, from Xiph.

1) What is the project?  Specifically, a list of criteria that must be
   met before the bounty is claimed.  I personally hope this will
   include that it works with existing .ogg files.

2) Who is the judge(s) that will decide (1)

3) An estimated start and finish date.

4) Provisions for regular status updates as to the amount of the bounty
   and any progress that has been made.

5) Procedures for the money to be returned if the project isn't
   completed by a certain date.

-Ben