[Vorbis] OGGDS\OggSDK missing from svn

illiminable ogg at illiminable.com
Tue Sep 14 04:04:17 PDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Byrne" <pbyrne at frontier.co.uk>
To: "illiminable" <ogg at illiminable.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 6:05 PM
Subject: Re: [Vorbis] OGGDS\OggSDK missing from svn

> I 'regressed' to the oggds stuff yesterday because the oggdsf filters I
> compiled were failing to install on Windows 98. The call to
> DLLRegisterServer was yielding the error code 0x80070078, which appears to
> correspond to windows message 0x87 "The function is not supported on this
> system"
>
> The oggds pack installed fine
>
> I presume this is because the new filters contains some calls not limited
> win32s (isn't that the restricted win32 api for win98?).

It's more likely you didn't setup the base classes project properly. Did you
try and build the unicode version (I'd recommend not) ? Also did you change
the linking to runtime to be dll not static... also converting you obviously
did this manually... it's also very likely you didn't change the calling
conventions to __stdcall not __cdecl.

Anyway... if you want vs2002, probably my project is not ideal... also some
of the libraries won't build with vs2002 due to a bug in the compiler.

> Also, it is not currently my companies policy to roll out VS2003.NET, and
> this is not sufficiently high-priority for me to make an individual
> business
> case for the upgrade. Patching all the vcproj files back  to the previous
> versions last month was a big pain.

Most of them have a 2002 version as a vcproj.bak I originally developed on
VS2002, until i discovered a compiler bug which prevented some of my
libraries building even though the code was legal and correct.

But anyway... what is the need to compile them yourself (besides
curiosity)... directshow filters are almost never directly touched through
applications it's all through the DS interfaces, and filters are globally
registered. (which also means it's very easy to corrupt directshows graph
building and interfere with existing installations if you make changes and
don't understand the way the GUIDs and media type negotiation works) So
there is little to gain from building your own.

Zen.