[Vorbis] Status of Vorbis in Realplayer

Geoff Shang gshang at pacific.net.au
Mon Sep 13 08:56:21 PDT 2004

Hi Aaron:

Aaron Colwell wrote:

> The RealPlayer for Windows does not play Vorbis and Theora out of the box at
> this time. You can download the plugins from the Helix site, but they
> currently are not shipped with the RealPlayer installer.

Oh right.  Can you tell me specifically where on the Helix site, or am I
the only one who finds that place confusing?

The other thing is that, when the player failed to play the files, it
apparently tried to get the required plugin from the web and also failed.
Can this be made to work?  It would be the least fuss way to go at least
until the plugin begins to ship with the player.

Thanks,
Geoff.