[Vorbis] Windows SDK not up to speed

Mike Ennen mike.ennen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 02:05:36 PDT 2004

Hello,

Being that this is my first post here and my first ever post on a
mailing list, I hope I am doing everything right! Anyways, basically I
have joined this mailing list because I have a concern/question.

Why is the Windows SDK at version 1.0.1 when the Linux/Unix library is
at 1.1.0? If this is a number difference and it is really the same
thing, I apologize. But, if it is that the Linux/Unix libraries are
ahead of the Windows SDK, why is this?

Right now I am using libogg and libvorbis for an upcoming game. I am
developing on Windows but I want access to the latest and greatest!

One more issue that is related the CVS: When I try and get any module
from the CVS repository I get this error:

cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to xiph.org:2401 failed: No connection
could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

(Using CVS Tortoise).

Thank you very much and I look foward to seeing your answers,
Mike