[Vorbis] Question on Quality factor, Bitrate and decode table

Viswanath Deepak reachgvdeepak at rediffmail.com
Thu Oct 14 07:18:49 PDT 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------

dear All,
   Iam working on OGG VORBIS TREMOR code to port and optimize on ARM processor. Can any one make me clear regarding the relation ship between this

  1. What is the relation ship between Quality factor and Bitrates?
     As vorbis is a VBR algorithm, many bitrates will be selected
     encode and decode a stream? If so how quality factor is related
     to bitstream?

  2. In many web pages(I dont have the links to pages) related to Ogg
     Vorbis information I read higher the bitrate we select, the
     audio qualtiy is poor. And for the low bitrates the audio
     quality is poor. As we go higher the bitrate, I think the
     quality what we will get is high. But why not this in Vorbis.And
     for the low bitrates why the audio quality is poor.

  3. On what basis the number of decode tables are fixed for an
     particular stream. Why the number of decode tables are not same
     for all streams. Is any other parameter will control the number
     of decode tables to present?

 Could anyone please give some directions/remark on this issue? Thanks very much!

Regards,
Viswanath Deepak G