[Vorbis] Re: Bitrate Peeling (no. really)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Fri Oct 1 14:08:00 PDT 2004

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004, [iso-8859-1] Bj=F6rn Lindstr=F6m wrote:

> > The BSD license _is_ GPL-compatible.  No problem.
>
> Also, one of the points of the BSD license is that there's nothing
> stopping you from re-releasing the library under the GPL.

As long as the code in question still has its original copyright and the
standard disclaimer of liability and the list of conditions. A standard
BSD-like license says "Redistributions ... must retain the above copyright
notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer."

> (Though that would probably make someone upset.)

I don't think anyone would be upset unless someone didn't follow the
conditions. For example, see the GPL'd g4l project which previously copied
lines verbatim from the BSD-licensed g4u but didn't include any
indication.

 Jeremy C. Reed

 =09  =09 =09 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
=09  =09 =09 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/