[Vorbis] Question about volume level recording in Ogg Vorbis

Franck Charlemagne fcharlemagne at workit.fr
Fri Oct 1 06:47:56 PDT 2004

Hi

I recorded many hundred of CDs in Ogg Vorbis with exactly the same
parameters.
I can see very big difference of volume level from one CD to another
when I play it onto my computer or my portable device (iRiver HP120).
So, I have two questions :

*	Is the reason of this fact is that it's depends on the volume
level at burning time of the original CD ? If not, what is the reason ?
*	Is there any way to increase volume level at Vorbis encoding
time ? If yes with which tools ?

Thanks for your help.

Franck, a Ogg vorbis addict ;o)

---