[Vorbis] is this correct way of doing ?

Venkata Sripada vsripada at csnet.cs.odu.edu
Fri Nov 5 05:50:55 PST 2004

I've realized that there is no java api for encoding into vorbis. We got decoding one tough(Vorbis SPI).

Currently we got Java Prgm to capture sound from mic and "encoder_example.c" that would take byte stream and encode it into ogg format.So, right now we are in the process of using JNI for calling the C routines using Java.

The main aim is to transfer this data over Darwin Streaming Server(DSS), since DSS accepts only RTP data, we want to create RTP packets. We already a have Java program that does that, I mean it takes byte stream as input and converts(adds RTP header) them into RTP packets.

What I would like to know is there something else to be kept in RTP header or will this method work ?

Did anyone ever try to do this kind of thing ?

-Vithal