[Vorbis] New to audio compression

Matt Rogers presbywf at rogers.com
Mon Nov 1 08:20:28 PST 2004

Hi everyone, this is the first time I've ever tried to program sound
using compressed audio; I've written many apps that play "normal" PCM
.wavs.  The best I've done so far is I used vorbisfile to play a .ogg,
but I'd like to get a bit more advanced.

What I'm currently trying to do is figure out Ogg so I can eventually
add Vorbis and Speex support to my applications.  I'm having trouble
figuring out exactly how Ogg works though, and any tutorials I've come
across online use vorbisfile.  Besides the SDK docs, can anyone point me
in a direction that may help me?  At this point all I'd like to do is
parse through an Ogg file without regard for the actual CODEC being used.

Thanks!