[vorbis] Tool for cutting Ogg Vorbis files

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Tue Mar 23 23:13:04 PST 2004

Anybody know of a tool for cutting/trimming Ogg Vorbis files?

I'm thinking of a tool similar to (the excellent) mp3DirectCut
"http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/#mp3dc" tool, only for
Vorbis.

I've tried musiCutter, but it's to difficult/time-consuming to
use.

BTW, the mp3DirectCut author says this in his FAQ:

        Can you add Ogg Vorbis support?

        I would, but Vorbis seems to be much more difficult to
        cut than MP3. An MP3 can be cut everywhere and it's
        still playable. Cutting an Ogg file without adapting
        anything here and there will produce broken files. I
        could not find any understandable documentation of a
        structure in Vorbis files. If you know such docs, please
        let me know.

Does anybody here know of such docs?

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer