[vorbis] First impressions of iRiver iHP120

Sebastian Gesemann sgeseman at upb.de
Mon Mar 22 14:44:01 PST 2004

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004, Michiel Toneman wrote:

> There is an optional song database that can be used to browse
> songs/genre/album/artist (I don't use it, it sort of sucks). There is a
> linux GPL tool to generate this at http://www.marevalo.net/iRipDB/

The DB-feature is still a bit limited.
The current firmware doesn't like filenames longer than 52 characters
although the fileformat of iRivNavi.iDB isn't restricted to this
bound. Also, navigation through a huge list of artists is plainful.
The playlist handling and the shuffle's randomness could be
improved, too.

Besides, I'm quite happy with this device!
(browsing by file structure)
Battery life is OK.

Sebastian

--